Monday, December 13, 2004

You Can't Be Angry While You Forgive

Did you know that it is impossible to hold two conflicting emotions at once? Try it...be angry and forgiving at the same time. You can't, can you?

My point is that practicing forgiving is actually done for your benefit. As you accept, forgive, and let go:
  • Your stress level will lower
  • You will experience less pain
  • You will have more fun
Letting go doesn't mean we approve, it just means we're going to stop "drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."

Here's a technique that works really well for me. When someone makes me angry (a rude driver, for example), I say, "I wish you well" toward the person and force myself to actually mean what I'm saying.

Try it; It'll transform your day!

Clifford Kuhn, M.D.
The Laugh Doctor
http://www.natural-humor-medicine.com
"Discover a Unique Prescription, for Amazing Health and Success, Created by a Stressed-Out KY Physician!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home