Friday, January 21, 2005

Make Your Dreams Come True With Humor's Natural Medicine

By Guest Columnist, Greg Kuhn
Cliff Kuhn, M.D.'s son, Laugh Doctor Junior

Haven't we all heard that, no matter how long they seem to go on, our dreams last only seconds? Did you know that this was proven wrong back in the 1950's, when scientists learned that the dreaming portion of sleep can be measured by REM, or rapid eye movement? Our first dream of the night may last only ten minutes, while the one we finally wake up from may have lasted up to forty-five minutes! More on this later...

"Be forewarned," my mentor told me. "You're a great candidate but it's probably going to take you a couple years, at least, to meet the right people and get a job. This is a big, and political, school system." I was being mentored regarding how to secure a job as a high school assistant principal while teaching in the fifth largest school district in the United States. Even though I was a great teacher, my mentor was cautioning me because I had only four years of teaching experience, I had no influential allies at all, and the job I sought was a "plum" position not to be had without the right connections from "on high."

But what I did in the next year astounded my mentor; I rocketed up to the top of the organizational chart and wrote my own ticket by navigating the school district's politics and hierarchy with ease. I am not some "Slick Willie" character and I didn't sell my soul to the Devil -- I merely used the unbelievably powerful natural medicine of humor to motivate myself and super-charge my footwork!

Yep, with a mere five years of teaching experience (and without sacrificing any of my personal ethics), I landed an assistant principalship at one of the most prestigious high schools in the United States. How did I go from a complete unknown, an anonymous member of the herd, and merely one-of-a-hundred seeking the job to grabbing the "brass ring" in one of our nation's largest school districts? The natural medicine of humor provided all the fuel I needed and I'll tell you exactly how it worked.

First, I need to tell you that I learned to use this insanely powerful natural medicine by following my Father's unique Fun Factor prescription. From his work with terminally-ill and chronically suffering patients, my Dad crafted his life-changing Fun Commandments and then molded them into his Fun Factor prescription - which he can now dispense to people over the Internet. The Fun Factor turned my Dad's patient's lives around, his life around, and our whole family around too.

My incredible rise through the "ranks" was based primarily on two of Dad's Fun Commandments, Stay Focused, yet Flexible and Laugh with Yourself. Although these were my two mainstays, there are many more Fun Commandments and I highly recommend them all. If you are not familiar with The Fun Commandments, visit my Dad's website today to learn about them for free.

  • I stayed focused, yet flexible during my rise to success. My focus stayed squarely on developing a key relationship with a gatekeeper in our school system. I stayed flexible by knocking on every door I could find and not getting discouraged by the many dead ends I encountered. With persistence I eventually found a person who saw my talents, took a liking to me, and championed me to other decision-makers.

    Without the focus I wouldn't have been persistent enough to success and without the flexibility I would've given up long before I achieved my goal. The natural medicine of humor provides buoyancy during such a process because it is such a resplendent reservoir of energy, vitality, and zest. In fact, my focus was so intense that I turned strangers into allies in very short order and my flexibility so pliable I bounced back from slammed doors to immediately knock on the next!


  • I laughed with myself and, combined with my focused, yet flexible determination, forged a persona that left little doubt I belonged in the position I sought. Laughing with yourself, taking yourself lightly enough to find amusement in your "perfect imperfections" rather than beating yourself up for your mistakes, projects an aura of absolute self-confidence. In fact, as I've learned to fine-tune this Fun Commandment I've had to occasionally tone it down because I find less confident people become very jealous and resentful of me - as in "who does he think he is, feeling so good about himself?"

    Laughing with myself is not self-denigration, it is actually the most uplifting, self-affirming thing I can do. Combined with my flexible focus, I was able to laugh off the naysayers and negative people who decried my ambitions and would've delighted in my failure. I'm not special, anyone who takes a chance is watched by those around them. Laughing with yourself, however, allows you to find the amusement in the human drama of life and not get caught up in a dangerous game which invites seriousness (taking yourself too seriously...the deadly polar-opposite of humor's natural medicine) into your life - treating your feelings (and other's feelings) like facts.


While there is more to tell, my highest recommendation is that you visit my Father's website and learn all about The Fun Factor. He will teach you for free and your life will start changing today! Take this as a personal challenge and send me an email, through Dad's website, if I'm wrong about how incredibly powerful the natural medicine of humor is!

By the way, the longest dream on record was measured in 1967 in a lab at the University of Illinois. Two hours and twenty-three minutes! I hope it wasn't one of those "you're in front of the class with no pants on" dreams!

Make your dreams come true and last a lifetime by super-charging your life with the natural medicine of humor today!

Greg Kuhn, sitting in for,
Cliff Kuhn, M.D.
The Laugh Doctor

The Natural Medicine of Humor
"Discover a unique, FREE, and incredibly powerful prescription created out of desperation by a (formerly) stressed-out Kentucky psychiatrist"

The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home