Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Grown-Up Version Of "The Dog Ate My Homework"

CareerBuilder.com recently asked managers to reveal the funniest and most unusual excuses given by employees for missing work.

Here are some of the best:


  • "I'm too drunk to drive to work."

  • "I accidentally flushed my keys down the toilet."

  • "I had to help deliver a baby on my way to work."

  • "I accidentally drove through the automatic garage door before it opened." (Okay...now that one I can believe)

  • "My boyfriend's snake got loose and I am afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home."

  • "I'm too fat to get into my work pants."

  • "God didn't wake me."

  • "The ghosts in my house kept me up all night."

  • "I forgot I was getting married today."

  • "My cow bit me."

  • "My house lock jammed and I'm locked in."



Those are funny, but don't make up excuses anymore. Tell your boss the truth - that you're going out to have some fun.

Stop by my website first!


Cliff Kuhn, M.D.
The Laugh Doctor
"it all starts with a SMILE"

The Natural Medicine of Humor
"Discover a unique, FREE, and incredibly powerful prescription created out of desperation by a (formerly) stressed-out Kentucky psychiatrist"

The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis Clark said...

Interesting post! This sounds funny but you are right many people make such excuses to their boss which is not right. It is always to tell truth.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home