Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Natural Medicine Of Humor Teaches You To "Smile When You Say That"

One of my favorite Gary Cooper movies is "The Virginian", because of one particular scene. A man makes an insulting remark. Cooper turns toward the perpetrator, gives him a withering stare, and calmly says, "If you want to call me that, smile."

Good advice for us all.

What a great habit to cultivate. By smiling when you speak, you encourage others to be more receptive to whatever you have to say.

Try it right now. Go to a mirror. Look deeply into your own eyes (aren't they lovely?). Say out loud, "I love you and I have voice immodulation disorder!"

Notice how the smile softens the impact of the words and adds a forgiving element? You may actually think negative things when you see yourself in the mirror sometimes. But I'll bet, delivered with a smile, those negatives are more difficult to take seriously!

So, the assignment is to practice saying everything with a smile, as though you were talking to Gary Cooper. Whenever you start to speak, remember to turn up the corners of your mouth before saying the first word.


Cliff Kuhn, M.D.
The Laugh Doctor
"it all starts with a SMILE"

The Natural Medicine of Humor
"Discover a unique, FREE, and incredibly powerful prescription created out of desperation by a (formerly) stressed-out Kentucky psychiatrist"

The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In keeping with tradition, I like to post my site map periodically. Especially when I have been adding to my website...which I have been doing quite regularly lately.

excessive sweating

10:33 AM  
Blogger DNC said...

Let's laugh and stop sweating ..LOL!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home