Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Natural Medicine Of Humor Lets You Perform Just Like Mary Lou Retton

Do you remember watching a great gymnast, like Mary Lou Retton? You've never seen such amazing ability to flip and twist in the air. And then, after all the mid-air gyrations and a fancy dismount, she lands squarely on her feet.

Except when she doesn't.

You've seen what Mary Lou Retton does when she lands off balance, right? She tries to maintain a precarious off balance "freeze," with her arms spread, and a big grin. She strikes a pose as if to say, "I meant to do that!"

You don't think the judges are fooled by that, do you? Me neither. But it's a great model for all of us and it invokes the natural medicine of humor.

Well, we all land off balance like that sometimes. Especially when you are incorporating something new, like humor, into all areas of your life. Sooner or later you do or say something embarrassing.

During such moments, you could attack yourself. But I want you to try something else; I want you to adopt the "Mary Lou Retton." Which means you tell yourself, "I meant to do that!"

The "Mary Lou Retton" amounts to being kinder to yourself. Which reinforces my Fun Commandment of Taking Yourself Lightly. And, if you allow yourself more slack in this way, you will soon find yourself becoming more tolerant of others as well.

Tolerance and kindness are, after all, always welcome in our social interactions and their roots can be traced right to your humor nature!


Cliff Kuhn, M.D.
The Laugh Doctor
"it all starts with a SMILE"

The Natural Medicine of Humor
"Discover a unique, FREE, and incredibly powerful prescription created out of desperation by a (formerly) stressed-out Kentucky psychiatrist"

The Blog Directory

Listed on Blogwise

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awesome weblog & thinking.. i really like this post.

Dr. Mrinali
www.medicalemergency.getpaidfrom.us

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like your blog post details.
I researched over Internet about this natural medicine and all its natural ingredients (its a 100% herbal product) and then I decided to give a try. I have been using this product for more than 2 months and I must tell you all that it has very nice products. I am so happy that I came across this wonderful product!Alternative medicine

1:59 AM  
Blogger ericsteeves1980gmail said...

Great share! It somehow helps me relieves heartbreak pain. Thanks! linden method

6:38 PM  
Blogger ericsteeves1980gmail said...

Nice share! It could somehow help our selves to achieve more confidence and self trust. However, sometimes its difficult to pretend you're alright. Keep posting! linden method

1:58 AM  
Blogger Seo web promotion said...

wow! it's great.

5:33 AM  
Blogger gecherms said...

Wonderful read, I must say! I absolutely like this article. I had read an article about Mary Lou Retton and she was truly amazing. Anyway, thanks for this wonderful post. Xtreme NO

4:21 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

WOW, This article is simply amazing. I was in need of such article and found your website by change. Best 10 minutes of my life :) Phen375 reviews

1:52 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I think you are not aware of the fact that you are an amazing write. Don't stop writing and you will be on the top list of bloggers ;) Phen375 reviews

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home